Mailman - The GNU Mailing List Management System¶
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is GNU Mailman, a mailing list management system distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3 or later. The name of this software is spelled “Mailman” with a leading capital ‘M’ but with a lower case second ‘m’. Any other spelling is incorrect.
Technically speaking, you are reading the documentation for Mailman Core. The full Mailman 3 suite includes a web user interface called Postorius, a web archiver called HyperKitty, and a few other components. If you’re looking for instructions on installing the full suite, read that documentation.
Mailman is written in Python which is available for all platforms that Mailman is supported on, including GNU/Linux and most other Unix-like operating systems (e.g. Solaris, *BSD, MacOSX, etc.). Mailman is not supported on Windows, although web and mail clients on any platform should be able to interact with Mailman just fine.
The Mailman home page is:
and there is a community driven wiki at
For more information on Mailman, see the above web sites, or the documentation provided with this software.
Table of Contents¶
- Mailman - The GNU Mailing List Management System
- Release notes
- Installing and running Mailman 3
- Configuring Mailman
- Setting up your database
- Hooking up your mail server
- Set up Postorius (web interface)
- Set up HyperKitty (archiver)
- Contributing to Mailman 3
- GNU Mailman Coding Style Guide
- Mailman 3 Internationalization
- Mailman 3 Core architecture
- Notes from the PyCon 2012 Mailman Sprint
- GNU Mailman 3 changes
- GNU Mailman Acknowledgments