Mailman - The GNU Mailing List Management System¶
Copyright (C) 1998-2017 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is GNU Mailman, a mailing list management system distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3 or later. The name of this software is spelled “Mailman” with a leading capital ‘M’ but with a lower case second ‘m’. Any other spelling is incorrect.
Mailman is written in Python which is available for all platforms that Mailman is supported on, including GNU/Linux and most other Unix-like operating systems (e.g. Solaris, *BSD, MacOSX, etc.). Mailman is not supported on Windows, although web and mail clients on any platform should be able to interact with Mailman just fine.
The Mailman home page is:
and there is a community driven wiki at
For more information on Mailman, see the above web sites, or the documentation provided with this software.
Table of Contents¶
- Mailman - The GNU Mailing List Management System
- Release notes
- Installing Mailman 3
- Configuring Mailman
- Setting up your database
- Hooking up your mail server
- Set up Postorius in five minutes
- Set up HyperKitty in five minutes
- Contributing to Mailman 3
- GNU Mailman Coding Style Guide
- Mailman 3 Core architecture
- Notes from the PyCon 2012 Mailman Sprint
These documents are generated from the internal module documentation.